Home > asps > Discipline
School Discipline Policy
A pupil who demonstrates good behaviour and a high standard of personal discipline will receive praise cards, commendations and awards.
However, if a pupil fails to comply with the school rules and does not demonstrate good behaviour or maintain a high standard of discipline, he or she will be given warning letters and corrective action will be meted out according to
the severity of the offence.
LIST OF OFFENCES
*Leaving school grounds without permission
|*Improper attire and grooming
*Not doing assignments
*Using vulgar language
*Abuse of technology
*Cheating in tests and examinations
*Open defiance and rudeness
|OTHERS SERIOUS OFFENCES|
*Possession of weapons
|THEFT OR DAMAGE OF PROPERTY|
CONSEQUENCES OF COMMITTING SCHOOL OFFENCES
The following are the course of action(s) or consequence(s) that will be taken by the School, as deemed fit by the School’s Discipline Committee:
• Parent-Teacher Conference
• Parent-Principal Conference
• Withdrawal of privileges
• Detention after school
• Corrective Work Order / Service to school
• Confiscation of items
• Compensation for damaged items
• Referrals to Police or other relevant authorities
For every offence committed by the pupils, the following are expected, after investigations by the school :
• Written self reflections by offender ( for all offence types )
• Apology by offender – written or verbal ( for all offence types )
Suspension for pupils will be meted out under the following circumstances:
1. When the safety and well-being of the staff and pupils are threatened.
2. When the school’s reputation is tarnished.